12 ounces of fresh stuffing mushrooms
1 6-ounce can of crabmeat
3 scallions, sliced thin
1/4 tsp of dried oregano
1/4 tsp of dried thyme
1/4 tsp of paprika (for the topping)
1/3 cup of low-fat mayonnaise or 1/3 cup of fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese (for the topping)
Black pepper (to taste)
Olive oil (to brush on mushroom caps)
- Rinse and drain the crabmeat.
- Combine the crabmeat in a medium bowl with the scallions, oregano, thyme, mayonnaise, pepper, and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate the crabmeat mixture until you are ready to stuff the mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and dry the mushrooms.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and discard. Scoop out the mushroom gills and discard.
- Fill the mushrooms with the crabmeat mixture.
- Brush some olive oil on the stuffed mushroom caps and place them on a cookie sheet, jelly roll pan, or a shallow baking dish lined with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the stuffed mushroom caps with the 3 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese and the paprika.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and serve.
Yields 6 servings; 9.6 grams of protein and 2.7 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
Adapted from a recipe at food.com